Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Two Weeks More...

I learned that my Lithium Ion battery is the holdup to assembling my Electri-Xtracycle project. It seems the battery manufacturer in Taiwan is concerned with these new devices overheating during the charging cycle. He thinks he's concerned...? I'd be asleep in my wood construction house, less than ten feet away. The concept of adding a halon fire system in my bike parking section of the garage doesn't fit into our Dave Ramsey Money Makeover.

I'm very hopeful that I'll have parts and pieces in my fat little hands soon. My ride to work on Monday proved to be exhausting since I did the extended ride with Lovey. I learned from a co-worker today that I may be making more like a 50-mile roundtrip. The odometer on my bike hasn't been operating in quite some time, so I don't have an accurate gauge on the miles. I'm going to try and do that tonight via the Burgman 400, which I and the Mrs. shared on a wonderful 'scooter pool' today. Me, driving her to Tampa, then picking her up at the bus stop after work.

I hope those that read our blog will be inspired to attempt a bike to work day at least once a week. If you saw a sign at a gas station with prices 20% lower, you'd probably pull in even if you were only down a quarter of a tank. Yet, riding to work one day a week cuts your consumption, costs, and emissions by a full 20%. Plus, by doing so you fuel the momentum that is to come. That's the critical mass we need to get our metro planners to add more bike lanes, storage, trails, greenways, etc. Get us back to our roots as commuters. Bring us closer to nature, a slower pace, and being part of a positive movement that also remedies the mind & body. As for me and mine we'll see you out there... on our bikes, of course - JD, Kelley, Jannelle, Jaqueline Howell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home